Tuesday, September 3, 2019 / by Burnice Villanueva
1. Overpricing or underpricing your home. Even in a red-hot market, if your home is listed just 5% over market value, it’ll likely go unsold for months. Conversely, if you price it too low, you risk leaving thousands of dollars on the table. From the very start, let’s try to set your home’s price as close to its true market value as possible.
2. Not preparing your home for sale. Based on findings from Realtor.com, when your home is properly staged and well-priced, it’ll be in a position to sell 88% faster and for up to 10% more than homes that are cluttered or need renovating.
3. Not being flexible with showings. You simply must be prepared to leave your home on short notice if a prospective buyer is interested in seeing it and for a few hours during open houses. A home that’s hard to show is one that’s hard to sell.
4. Underestimating your selling costs. Aside from Realtors’ commissions, expect to pay anywhere from 1% to 5% of the total purchase price to fund renovations, needed repairs, and closing costs. When you meet with your real estate professional, make sure they go over the full list of selling costs with you.
6. Lacking an understanding of the selling process. It’s important to appreciate just how involved the process can be. Anywhere from 12 to 20 different individuals will have a role in completing your home sale—Realtors, appraisals, inspectors, lenders, escrow officers, and notaries to name a few. Having a basic understanding of the process beforehand will help you anticipate any circumstance that may arise.
7. Choosing the wrong Realtor. The right Realtor will prepare a market evaluation for you and will work to give you expert advice on a pricing strategy that will ensure your property sells. Further, they’ll walk through your home with you and help you identify ways to boost your sale and will go over your net sheet, so you understand what you’re paying for and why. Above all, they’ll listen to your needs and go to great pains to ensure a home sale victory for you.
If you have any questions or would like help selling your home, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (208) 472-8294 or send us an email at Sold@ZuberGroup.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon!